Mentees, Apply for a Job
The Get Hired for a Day program will provide you with the opportunity to learn from a leader in the economic development industry via one-on-one interaction. This experience will be educational and give you feel for the day in the life of a practitioner. For early-career professionals and students, it's a definite resume booster!
The one-day jobs are posted here. All jobs are within the organization's economic development departments.
Before You Apply
- Review Chapter 1 of MEDA's Economic Development Methods and Strategies book "Economic Development Today." This will help to clarify the basics of an economic development role.
- Conduct a self analysis: analyze your interests, key strengths, skills and weaknesses.
- Prepare/update your resume and cover letter, double-checking for misspelled words or grammar errors.
- Review and research the employers.
How to Apply
- Major and Minor (if in college).
- Resume with the best email and phone number to contact you.
- Cover letter if the jobs you are interested in require them.
- List top three jobs that you are interested in.
After You Apply
- Once MEDA receives your email, we will send a confirmation with some helpful instructions.
- Prepare for the phone or on-site interview. Have potential "hire" dates to suggest for the employer.
- Review helpful articles, such as 7 Tips for Job Shadowing.