MEDA Emerging Leaders Network
The Michigan Economic Developers Association Emerging Leaders Network is a member-driven organization that supports early-career economic developers and helps them to excel in their field by providing them with the tools and opportunities to be successful through training, mentoring and networking and outreach.
Recognizing the need for a conduit to connect young professionals in economic development, MEDAYP was established in 2013. Over time, the group began to show a stronger presence of early-career professionals rather than those fitting within a specific age range. It was also recognized that the economic development community seemed to form relationships despite age. Therefore, MEDAYP morphed into Emerging Leaders in order to meet the needs of the MEDA membership.
- Join the Emerging Leaders Group now and be the first to receive notice of training, networking events and other opportunities!
- Make a bigger investment in your MEDA Membership by joining the Emerging Leaders Committee to plan events and engagement. TIP: Commitment is rewarding, builds your network, and increases your chances of receiving scholarships.
- Consider yourself an established leader and want to help others? Volunteer to be a mentor!
All Emerging Leaders
- Meet Other Emerging Leaders by joining the conversation on LinkedIn.
- Participate in the Get Hired for a Day program. It’s absolutely free!
MEDA Emerging Leaders Spring Program
Thank you to everyone that attended the 2018 Spring Program on April 26th at the Michigan Municipal League offices in Lansing.
Thank you to the speakers for sharing your experience in the field with up-and-coming economic development champions.
Finally, thank you to the Committee for your work on the agenda!
Get Hired for a Day
The MEDA Emerging Leaders Network is pleased to offer the Get Hired for a Day Program, a volunteer program that allows emerging leaders engaged in economic development the opportunity to spend time with a Mentor to learn what to expect from this rewarding career choice! WHAT'S NEW? This is now an ongoing program, so you can apply at any time. We have also added a coupon to attend a MEDA program for all participants.